Mulch & Rock Installation
Put the finishing touch on your home or business landscape with mulch or rock ground covering in McMurray, Canonsburg, & Venetia, PA.
Prevent weeds and the roots of your plants from drying out with mulch or rock ground coverings installed by our knowledgeable team.
You’ve worked hard to beautify your property with an array of plants and flowers – why not give your home or business landscape a neat, finished look? Reduce weeds, erosion, and maintenance of flowerbeds and gardens with a mulch or rock ground cover. Not only are these products aesthetically pleasing, but they provide practical solutions by creating a natural weed barrier and preventing roots from drying out.
Our knowledgeable team proudly serves communities in and around McMurray, Canonsburg, and Venetia in PA.
Types of Ground Coverings Offered
As you can probably imagine, there are quite a variety of materials that ground coverings can consist of. The most popular choices offered in our general area of McMurray, Canonsburg, and Venetia, PA are:
- Shredded Hardwood Chocolate Brown (Pallet Mulch) – this is our most popular mulch, which helps deter weed growth and also retains moisture in the soil.
- Hardwood Chips/Nuggets
- Single/Double Shredded Color or Natural (Black or Brown)
- Rock – Black or Brown River Rock, & Pennsylvania Red Rock
When it comes to mulch, it is best to replace it each spring (or once per year) in order to keep it fresh.
What Are the Benefits of Mulch Ground Covering?
- Aesthetics – Mulch adds a gorgeous contrast to the greenery of your plants, flowers, and lawn. Mulching provides a relatively inexpensive way to enhance the beauty of your home and increase curb appeal.
- Weed Barrier – A layer of mulch provides a natural barrier to weeds. By covering the ground with two to three inches of mulch, weeds are deprived of the light they require to germinate and grow.
- Moisture Retention – Mulch drastically reduces the amount of moisture that evaporates from the ground. As a result, you will spend less money and time watering your plants.
- Soil Insulation – During warm weather, a layer of mulch will cool the ground beneath, providing protection from excessive heat. In the winter, mulch insulates the ground against extreme cold.
- Soil Erosion – Mulch adds a layer of protection against rain and other elements, thereby protecting against ground erosion. People are also less likely to walk on mulched areas, which results in less soil compaction.
Using Rock for Ground Covering
If you are looking for an alternative to mulch, we also offer ground covering in the form of rocks. Rocks are a low-maintenance option that provides long-lasting benefits in that they are durable and come in a variety of shapes, colors, and textures.
Additionally, rock ground covering doesn’t attract insects and other pests. Rocks also last longer than mulch and need only be refreshed every two years.
Call our trained staff for an estimate on a professional rock or mulch ground covering for your property.
Whether you’re considering mulch or rock, let our trained staff help you find the right ground covering for your property.
A clean, finished look for your flowerbeds and garden can be created by calling one of our dedicated professionals at
Our team is ready to answer your questions and provide you with an estimate. We are eager to serve you in the Pennsylvania communities in and around McMurray, Canonsburg, and Venetia.